SINGLE HYDRAULIC BOOM SPRAYER
WHY A SINGLE BOOM?
You may ask why a single boom? There are several advantages to this design. It Allows you to spray the entire field without folding the boom at the field ends. Since we are not equipped with eyes in the rear of our heads it is much easier to level and control one boom than two. Also it provides 50 feet of crop coverage between drive rows for a fraction of the cost of a 60 ft. boom sprayer.
You may also ask why a front mounted boom? The main reason is with the boom 6 ft. closer to the tractor it is much easier to cover field ends without backing up or shortening rows. Through testing years ago we discovered that a front mounted boom has considerably less up and down motion than a rear mount. This is due to the mounting point being halfway in between the tractor and sprayer axle. All this contributes to a much smoother riding boom in the field. Another benefit is better vision of the boom for leveling control. This also allows folding the boom to the rear for transport for no tractor interference or vision obstruction.
Penns Creek Mfg. is a small family owned & operated manufacturing business in central Pennsylvania. Penns Creek began back in 1987 when, unable to find a sprayer on the market like he wanted Ben Oberholtzer built his own high pressure single boom sprayer. This first sprayer needed some improvements so another model was built. Several sprayers were built for neighbors as they saw the benefits of high pressure in vegetable crops. Demand and production grew quickly through the years as farmers realized the advantages of the high pressure single boom design. Improvements have been made through the years but the basic concept of our sprayer has remained the same. Hydraulic leveling was added with a shock absorber suspension system. All models have boom height adjustments to spray everything from melon to sweet corn crops. Freshwater rinse systems and rear nozzles to spray drive rows are popular options. A high quality Italian made John Blue diaphragm pump comes standard capable of 28 gpm and 218 psi. Poly hose comes standard with 560 psi rating. Sprayers are now available in 200 300 and 400 gallon configurations. In 2014 a hydraulic folding 400 gallon model was introduced with innovative airbag boom suspension with shock absorber. All this works together to create a boom that rides like a Cadillac. To see how our sprayers perform in the field please watch our video clips on the home page. Please call with any questions. We are striving to meet the needs of fruit and vegetable growers. We can tell you which sprayer is right for you since we are vegetable producers as well.
WAY TO GO!
PENNS CREEK PHOTO GALLERY
click on picture to enlarge and see description
Single Boom Manual Sprayer
Built for vegetable growers by a vegetable grower. This sprayer is designed to be affordable for the small to medium sized grower.
Single Boom Hydraulic Sprayer
With the single boom hydraulic sprayer, spraying is no longer a chore! Hydraulic fold allows operator to remain on tractor seat from start to finish.
Optional Rinse Tank
Optional Rinse Tank makes it convenient to clean sprayer in the field
Break-away point in outer section protects against accidental contact with ground.
Rinse Tank Faucet
The faucet on the rinse tank makes it easy to clean hands when on the job.
Shock-absorber for Boom
The boom is protected by rubber shock-absorber mounting
Airbag and Shock Absorber Suspension
Airbag and shock absorber suspension allows boom to ride independently of sprayer.
WAY TO GO!
VIDEOS & FEATURES
Single Boom Sprayer
Single Boom Sprayer
Single Boom Manual Sprayer Features
• 24 ft. single-side boom that provides a 50ft. coverage pattern between drive rows. Up to 60ft. with spray gun at end of boom.
• Easy, 60 second, manual boom height adjustment from 2 ft. for melons to 7.5 ft. for sweet corn.
• Hydraulic on-the-go boom leveling allows operator to maintain uniform height between boom and the crop.
• Pump driven with PTO power shaft for quick hookup.
• Adjustable wheel spacing, tongue height and control holder.
• Boom protected by rubber shock-absorber mounting.
• Disc Core spray tips for best foliage contact when spraying insecticides and fungicides.
• Top quality John Blue 215 PSI, 28 GPM diaphragm pump.
• 200 gallon trailer model F224
• 300 gallon trailer model F324
• 400 gallon trailer model F424
• Off-the-shelf parts that are readily available from our parts stock, or from Hypro and Teejet parts suppliers.
• Dual agitators with throttle valve requires no premixing of chemicals.
• 560 PSI pressure hose.
Single Boom Hydraulic Sprayer Features
• Hydraulic fold allows operator to remain on tractor seat from start to finish.
• Hydraulic on-the-go boom height adjustment from 2 ft. for melons to 8 ft. for sweet corn.
• Hydraulic on-the-go boom leveling allows for uniform height between boom and crop.
• Requires only 2 hydraulic remotes on tractor.
• Airbag and shock absorber suspension allows boom to ride independently of sprayer.
• Break-away point in outer section protects against accidental contact with ground.
• 24 ft. single-sided boom that provides 50 ft. coverage pattern between drive rows. Up to 60 ft. with spray gun at end of boom.
• 400 gallon model H424
1340 Broadway Road • Winfield, PA 17889